Monday, August 2, 2010

Girl Friends

Products Used
Papers: We R Memory Keepers - White out collection - Nonsense Zig Zag, Recollections - Friends Forever Collection - My Clique, and Bella Bella by Carina Gardner
Stamps/Inks: Stampendous - Mini Paisley Texture Cube, Hampton Art - Beautiful Butterfly, Tim Holtz distress ink - Broken china and Walnut Stain, Staz On - purple, and Color box - lime green.
Punches: Martha Stewert - butterfly and simple scallope.
Embellies: Sentiment by Creative Memories, crystal swirls handmade with glitter glue, Twinklets Diamond Dust, and gems by me&my big ideas and Bead Party.

This is a semi long post due to the massive amounts of pictures since this LO has a TON of detail ... so hang in there!!

I did this LO of a picture from a couple months ago at a local festival for a town we grew up in (we being the two girls in the picture hehehe). This is my BEST FRIEND. We literally have known each other since the first day of kindergarden :) Which is why I was soooo excited about the paper being from the Friends Forever collection!!

Here (ABOVE) is a close up of the sentiment from Creative Memories. You can also see the Diamond Dust, distressing, and circle border I created. I stamped the circles with Broken China by Tim Holtz then stamped mini paisley all over the one side, that way when I folded the edges the bright blue peaks in to match with the teal in the paper :) There is a tutorial, HERE, to show you how to do the circle border - it's SUPER easy and looks really neat on LOs.

Below is another close up of the circle border that shows the inking better. You can also see the butterfly (a previous post had the tutorial on it on how to make the 3D butterfly) and the butterflies I did with the martha stewart punch. I just added gems and made crystal swirls using my silver glitter glue and acetate. Now the butterflies have more of a "flying" effect. The border made with Martha Stewart's simple scallop is shown nicely in the picture too - it's so simple but becoming one of my faves very quickly!!

The final picture for this post - yes promise your coming to the end! :) - is of the butterfly in the top corner of the page, I feel like this was a nice picture to add since the butterfly was in a good light spot and the crystal swirl seems to sparkle!

I added a touch of purple to the paper BEFORE I stamped the lime green butterfly. This is the only one I did like that, the other two butterflies in green are just solid green, but this one turned out to have a neat tie-dye effect that blends all the colors on this LO beautifully!! I liked the effect so much that you can bet I'll be experimenting with more color combinations in the future

Well that completes this LO!! Hope you enjoyed it as much as I do!! I can't WAIT for my girlfriend to see it - I think she'll be floored :)

Tata for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment