Tuesday, July 13, 2010

"Laughter is the best medicine" & a possible prize!

WOW!!!! It's been WAY to long since I've been able to sit down and create, then blog about it! Sheesh.. well on to the newest creation!

So Sunday I went to NJ to visit with my mommom and hit up a TON of yard sales (trying to furnish my first apartment and kitchen). I found an awesome antique card box with all the dividing tabs still in it (I should have included a picture..darn). I am so excited about this card box that I decided to focus on making cards to put into all the categories - fun right!?

The card I made this go around is for the "sympathy" tab... It's actually my first "get well soon" card :) I even made the card in the shape of a heart!!

Products Used: The stamp is from Karen's Doodles - check out her blog!! She has some AMAZING things...and this one was a freebie!, The tiny flowers come from a bag of flowers in my stash, the ribbon is Celebrate It's Holiday collection, The sentiment comes from Marcella by K, and I finished off the flowers with pearls by Recollections. All the paper are from scrap packs you can get at Michael's.

Here is a close up of the digi from Karen's Doodles. I painted the image with simple water color paints I had in my stash. The cute little mouse sharing the flower seemed so girly and cheery!!


I've also included a close up of the ribbon and flowers so you could see the pearls better. The pearls really added an elegant look to the simple flower :)

The green and pink papers got a little covered up but the pink is covered in sparkly swirls and the green paper is embossed with flowers (I didn't do the embossing myself - I'm very new to embossing and they wouldn't have looked NEARLY as clean cut hahaha).

Challenges Entered:
Totally Papercrafts... Pearls and Swirls - I used swirly paper and added pearls to the flowers
Some Odd Girl... "Shapes" - Make a card that's not square or rectangle - Mine's a heart!
Crafty Sentiments Digital Designs... Color Inspiration - I had to use the "white, pink, and lime green" color pallet - I think I did pretty well :)
Stamp Something... Recipe: 1 flower, 1 paper, 1 ribbon - At least one of each!
All Sorts... July Love - Have a heart - I made the card shape a heart, hehehe
Crafty Sentiments... 2 papers - I have the swirly pink and the embossed green
Wild Orchid... Say it with flowers - I have flowers in the image and on the card
The Crafty Calendar... Summer - I think the image screams "SUMMER TIME!!"
Papertake Weekly... In the garden - Again here is where the image comes into play


I also want to make a special shout out to the Crafter's Companion Blog! Not only do I think this blog is awesome - and the challenge blog they have - But they're giving away some stamps!!
If you click on the links above you can check out their blog and enter their candy HERE. The giveaway ends this Saturday - so hurry!
The images are super cute too!! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my name is selected because I absolutely LOVE the cute sentiments and girly girls with their big eyes!

That's all for now... Sheesh what a long blog :)
Tata for now!

14 comments:

  1. Hi
    great card, super image fabby design & flowers, thank you for joining us at Totally Papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, love the shape you have made it. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week, don't forget to join the blog hop.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorjuss card love the image, such a cute cat. ty for joining us over at CSDB. hope you will take part again xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the heart shaped card. Thanks for entering our first challenged at CSDB :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sweet!! I love the colors. Awesome. Thanks for joining the Stamp Something Challenge this week! Hugs~ Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet image and card. Thanks for joining us at our first Crafty Sentiments challenge. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Real cute shaped card! Thanks for joining us in our first challenge over at Crafty Sentiment Digi Blog. Hope you Join in this weeks challenge too, plus please follow as we have lots happening in the next few weeks! Hugs Jo xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. supah cute card, Kris! so springy and cheerful! love the shape you've used - perfect for our challenge at Some Odd Girl! thanks for joining us, and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I totally adore the shape you have used - how fun! And fab use of the watercolours too
    Thank so much for joining us at SOME ODD GIRL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful card! Fabulous colouring and layout and I love the cute image. Thanks for playing at Stamp Something, hope to see you back next week!
    Hugs
    Annika

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card--I love the heart shape and cute image! Thank you for joining our first challenge at Wild Orchid Challenges!
    Hugs,
    April

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute! thanks for joining us at stamp something!

    ReplyDelete
  13. such a lovely shape. Thank you for joining the Allsorts challenge this week and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is so adorable! I love the sweet image and the gorgeous colours you've used! Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Calendar Challenge! :) Georgia xx

    ReplyDelete